Friday, May 6, 2011

Mothers Are The Best!

The coolest people in the world are loving mothers.  It's that simple.  Nothing in life can replace the support, love, and encouragement provided by the moms in the world. I know I would be lost were it not for my mother helping and supporting me along the way.  Whenever I have a tough day on my mission, I can take comfort that my mom is praying for me and wishing me the best back home.

One of Christ's last actions was an expression of love towards His earthly mother.  As Jesus was dying on the cross, He saw Mary and the apostle John standing near each other.  The Savior said to "his mother, Woman, behold thy son!  Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home" (John 19:26-27).  In His hour of death, the Savior of the world recognized the importance of honoring and caring for His own mother.  

We should all follow His example.

No comments:

Post a Comment