Thursday, December 30, 2010

The New Year

It's almost 2011!  That's the new year!  Times like this always remind me of changes I've made in my life.  Changes are good but only if they're for the better.  The prophet Moroni has invited all of us to "come unto Christ, and be perfected in him" (Moroni 10:32).  These are the changes we should all be making in our lives.  If something brings us closer to Christ, it is a good thing. 

After coming unto Christ, we are to "be perfected in him".  The word "perfect" seems unattainable but Christ has commanded us all to "be ye therefore perfect" (Matthew 5:48).  The only way we can do this is through repentance.  Christ has suffered for every wrong choice we've ever made.  We don't need to suffer for those sins because of Christ's atonement.  As we accept that atononing sacrifice we are truly "perfected in him"!  I bear my witness that Jesus is the Christ.  He lives and loves each of us.  As we begin this new year I urge all reading this to "come unto Christ, and be perfected in him".

No comments:

Post a Comment