Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Joy to the World

It's Christmas time!  It's the best.  I love seeing all the lights around the neighborhood.  I love the Christmas trees lit up in people's windows.  I love the seasonal cookies.  I love the fresh snow (except when I'm behind the wheel).  I like fudge too.  But the best part of Christmas is the music.  I firmly beleive the immortal words of the movie Elf, "the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear"!

Heavenly Father sent His son to the earth.  Jesus Christ is truly the Savior of the World.  This time is set apart by christians (and some non-christians) everywhere to celebrate His coming into the world.  One song that illustrates the joy we should all feel is Joy to the World. 

Joy to the world, the Lord is come;
Let earth receive her king!
Let every heart prepare him room,
And saints and angels sing.

I love this hymn.  Jesus Christ is the king of kings.  I hope we can all follow the advice given here and "prepare Him room" in our hearts.  That is the true Christmas spirit, when Christ enters our hearts.  When this happens is when "saints and angels sing" together the praises of our Father in Heaven and His son Jesus Christ.

I invite anybody reading this to take time amidst all the cookies, fudge, lights, presents, and reindeer to listen to and ponder on these oft-sung Christmas carols.  Your burdens will be lightened and your life will be happier as you more fully understand and accept the importance of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll fiogure this out, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this Elder Hunsaker! It brightened my day in a big way! It strengthens my testimony to read of your love of the Savior. I'm so happy that this love and your love of music brings you so much joy. I love you and am so grateful you are my son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely put me in the Christmas spirit! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete